Friday, March 16, 2012

The Pregnancy Must Have

Welcome to the Pregnancy Necessities Carnival! This post was written for inclusion in the Pregnancy Necessities Carnival hosted by Parenting God’s Children. Today, participants share what they simply cannot live without during their pregnancies or simply what to gather for their upcoming new addition. Please see the full list of links to the other carnival submissions at the end of this post. Enjoy! ***

There are plenty of things you think about needing for when you are pregnant. Maternity clothes. Support pillows. T-shirt warning people of impending damage to their cranium if they touch your protruding belly.  What was the ONE thing I used almost daily, through all three pregnancies, and that I suggest to all pregnant moms? A water pack.

Camelbak Charm 50 oz Hydration Pack


Keeping hydrated while pregnant can be difficult. But, it is so important! Water flushes waste products from the cells and aids in liver and kidney function for both mom and the baby. It is also needed for the body's expansion as mom's blood volume increases significantly. Insufficient water intake can be a factor in constipation, preterm labor, and miscarriage, and even slight dehydration can cause or contribute to fatigue.

Using the pack, I would drink without thought, kind of gnawing on the mouth piece. If I tried drinking cups of water I would feel bloated just thinking of how many I needed, or how big the cup was. With the pack I had water on me at all times, when it emptied I would fill again and know I would meet my water quota with one refill. It worked great. And I can keep using it to keep hydrated while breastfeeding, hiking, and taking kids out to play. The only con was keeping my kids from chewing on it!


***

Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants!

10 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I would have never thought to use one of those, but that is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea! I am finding it increasingly hard to stay up on water chasing a preschooler and toddler while pregnant this time around!
    Thanks for participating in the carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true!! My husband has several (ugly camo ones), I need to get it and fill it up with water! Maybe I'd have an easier time staying hydrated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - I never would have thought of that! I don't know that it would have worked too well for me, at least the second time, because I was still doing a lot of babywearing while pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought of this one! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing idea! I would have never thought to be so creative.
    -Megan (thememoirsofmegan.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really brilliant idea. Wow! I could have really used that along with a portable porta-potty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's such a great idea! I used to get nauseated drinking water, but I think if I could have had a sip at a time, it would have been manageable. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be getting one of these for my next pregnancy for sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete