Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jammin'!

Since my lovely friend Georgia showed us how easy it is to make jam and jar it for later, we have been so excited to try more and more. We did plum jam, green tomato sauce (it just wasn't warm enough for our garden!), and home fermented sauerkraut. This we are kicking into gear again!

My first attempt this year was the strawberry jam. I have "fixed" it by reboiling it as I open a new jar; so I don't have to reprocess the jars.

Then I made blueberry jam, and it was PERFECT. My boys have a new word: "Its de-li-ciou-sis, Mommy!"

With homemade gluten free bread!

Today was lemon curd, using a recipe from Alton Brown.


Oh, and just for good measure: Blueberry Vodka.
1qt Vodka
1 cup Blueberries
2 tablespoons sugar

Put in mason jar, muddle blueberries a bit, and give a shake twice a day for a few weeks. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment