Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Tell All: October 11th, 2011

This week I have committed one of the "pregnancy sins". I defend the move by saying the dye is vegetable based, non-ammonia, and I am THIRTY FREAKIN' WEEKS PREGNANT AND DESERVE TO FEEL GOOD!
Blue Hair!            

My boys have TWO new favorite movies this week. I can't feel too bad about one being The Princess Bride. I do have some guilt about letting them watch X-Men: First Class. It is more intense than I thought I would be ok with, but the good news is that we watch together and have had some really good conversations (well, as far as conversations with a 2 and a 4yo can be) about violence, emotions, and the non-reality of movies.

I think I am finally getting to a better place in my parenting again. I have been talking with some of my friends that have things a little more in hand than I do, and even the ones who think they don't because we are all on the path to create a world better than the one we live in now and believe our parenting is paramount to that goal. But, man has it been hard as our children get older to find the best way to meet each day with respect and patience. Even my  husband has had a hard time, so we are glad to look to some great books and discussions to continue adapting to our children's behavioral milestones.

We are STILL keeping up with our Weekly House Blessing. I really do give it credit to keeping our home more peaceful. Now, if only we could figure out the laundry...

See more confessions:
Moorea from MamaLady is graciously hosting the Natural Parents Network Gathering: Pacific Northwest Edition.  Here was her confession before everyone arrived! http://mamalady.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/the-natural-parents-are-coming-hide-the-stroller/

There is also a new page encouraging you to unburden yourself. The Honesty Conspiracy. Go check it out.




4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it. We need to get together so I can see it in person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blue hair!

    Thanks for the ideas for new books. I could always use refresher courses in parenting with respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't make me feel guilty about coloring MY hair. ;-P

    As for the rest, I swear life is a constant juggling act. We can't do it all perfectly all the time. You'll get that laundry going great... but then you'll pick something else you feel is lacking.

    Still, I bet you guys are still cooking amazing, healthy meals and you don't even mention that! You rock, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said it before but I'll say it again -- love your blue hair too! I am so not that brave, but I wish I was because it is so cool!

    Thanks for the mention of your house blessing cleaning routine. I REALLY need to get that going. Looks like its really not too hard to manage.

    I have several of those books on your list on my "to read" or "partly read" shelf. If I can make time for both a little reading and the house blessing, I think my life will feel SO much more balanced.

    ReplyDelete